1. Designing the Course Syllabus:
1.1- Process and Role: the reviewing and approving the course syllabus consists of some phases:
• The faculty member has to present the first draft of the course syllabus within the departmental meeting before starting the semester. This is to check the following points:
• The chainman and QA will review the first draft, using the appropriate checklist and approve it.
• Then the approved version of the course syllabus will be uploaded to the students in Google Classroom.
• The first class will be an orientation session regrading the course syllabus in order to provide a clear explanation for the students about the course from the beginning of the semester.
The follow-up process will be conducted by QA in collaboration with the department chairs.
For the new faculty members, the QA has an training session for TWO complete days which will cover the following:
2. Managing the Course Syllabus:
2.1 The Office of Quality Assurance and Accreditation (OQAA) will check the fulfillment of courses syllabi periodically by reviewing:
• Availability of the softcopy in Google Classroom,
• Covering materials according to the Study Plan,
• Status of achieving learning outcomes,
• Quality of Assessment tools in achieving learning outcomes
2.2 Covering materials according to the Study Plan: In addition to the availability of the course material on Google Classroom, the OQAA is verifying if the material was covered according to the study plan submitted in the course syllabus. The following indicators are used:
• The gap in covering the material
• The gap in assessment tools
2.3 Status of the Course Outcomes:
The QA is following the course learning outcomes theoretical achievement through the semester by following up the CLOs Timeline via considering each activity or Assessment Tools done each week verse the coverage of CLOs.
2.4 The QA will take samples from each course’s coverage of the materials and assessment tools verse the number of CLOs that are covered so far. In case of weakness in any course; the department plus the instructor will be informed immediately in order to submit the recovery plan.
2.5 The Final Exam questions will be checked in terms of quality and format of the questions verse the coverage of CLOs. In case if the questions do not meet the QA requirement, the revision and corrective action by the instructor and the department is required.
- Students’ Feedback Survey on Academy
- Students’ Feedback Survey on KUST services
Both surveys are designed based on the requirement of ISO 9001 for Quality Management.
- Students’ Feedback Survey on Academy
Student Feedback Rubric/ 2021-2022
|A*||4.5 – 5||Very satisfactory|
|A||4 – 4.4||Satisfactory|
|B||3 – 3.9||Neutral|
|C||2 – 2.9||Concern|
|D||1 – 1.9||Weakness|
Continuous Academic Development (CAD)
Faculty Portfolio (FP)
In this part, faculty members will fill-up the form which has been provided by MHESR and have an online platform at KUST for each full-time faculty members. Hence, the instructors states his/her philosophy and vision of teaching and academic lifetime. They also add all the Academic achievements within one Academic year.
KUST already designed a form for evaluating the FP beside the requirements mentioned by MHESR. This rubric will be used for evaluating the faculty member’s performance per each semester and the average will be taken for one Academic year later.
Overall Assessment Criteria
KUST commits itself to the highest standards of quality by striving to meet its Student’s expectations in its services. The employees of KUST share a common goal of identifying and continually meeting student requirements and exceeding the student’s standards of quality in service through a process of continuous quality improvement.
KUST appreciates that this commitment to quality requires investment in quality and improvement. This investment reflects our commitment to maintaining our position as a leader in private universities. Everything we do , from choosing the high educational standards , and qualified staff – aims at achieving the Gold standard of Excellence.
Komar University of Science and Technology strives to become a leading higher education institution in the Kurdistan Region and Iraq by contributing to the development of the Region and the nation. As a private non-governmental institution, the university seeks to serve the community through the application of advanced.
It is the permanent aim of Komar University to provide services that consistently meet the needs and expectations of its Students, interested parties and the applicable statutory and regulatory requirements and other requirements, if any, determined from time to time.
This aim will be achieved through effective implementation of a management system compliant with ISO 9001:2015.
We undertake to define, establish and achieve targets and objectives periodically in accordance with the requirements, and concerns of all interested parties. We will integrate quality objectives with the our objectives and day to day requirements of our processes.
The management system and its processes will be systematically reviewed to identify opportunities for improving its effectiveness and enhancing our students satisfaction
This policy is promoted and implemented within the University through its documented quality management system and the training of its staff in its implementation.
KUST is passionate about quality. Quality is achieved through the comprehensive and simultaneous improvement of the following:
Identifying and continually meeting student’s expectations and agreed requirements.
Following through efficient an constantly updated processes , aimed towards satisfying our most valuable asset- the customer.
Having a competitive edge through the continuous development and improvement of the educational environment. (As a reference, Komar University Quality Assurance Handbook & Student Handbook are used)
Human Resources ( Personnel)
Training and qualifying personnel , making them consciously aware of all quality related issues.
Providing a challenging working environment aimed at motivating people and encouraging new skills and practices. (As a reference, Komar University Staff Handbook is used)
Measuring , reviewing and improving the above mentioned targeted performances. (As a reference, KUST – Quality Management System – Procedures will be use)
KUST has established the Quality Manual in order to meet the following objectives:
1. To raise standards in Quality.
2. To provide/meet continuing education requirements for all the Staff as per accreditation requirements.
3. To decrease staff turnover and maintain stable, qualified and committed team of competent staff.
4. To reduce the number of customer complaints detected for each Units to the minimum as per benchmarking.
5. To prepare and implant local and international standards of excellence as per relevant accrediting agency ( ISO 15189)